Thursday, October 14, 2004

Whoa!

Even though I slept at 4 am, it really surpised me that I woke up at 2 pm. And right now, I feel dizzy, and it's probably due to the medication I'm taking. I feel like the earth is shaking, except there's no earthquake.

On a side note, I have this particular friend that whenever I sleepover, I always wake up at 8 am. It doesn't matter whether we sleep at midnight, at 2 am, or 4 am; we always wake up at 8 am (and lucky for us since that happens when we're about to go to a Magic: The Gathering tournament, which "starts" at 10 am).

Courtesy of Vern

Fiction Novel Proposal Guidelines

Migrating Superheroes

I saw the ad for ABS-CBN's "superhero" soap opera, Crystala, and there was this scene where she was in the province using her power of flight to pick up a fruit from the tree. Of course it makes me wonder why a lot of Filipino superheroes (like Darna) come from the province and then move into the city, where they become popular and face supervillains. And perhaps more importantly, what it suggests to Filipinos (as if Metro Manila wasn't already congested).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home