Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Etelecare

Well, it seems I passed the first phase of the test. And well, it seems that a lot of people are applying there (the reception area was crowded, to say the least). At least they have the courtesy to inform us whether we passed or not on the same day.

Out of Nothing Better to Do

Here's my reading list for the past year:

January:

The One Thousand Orcs

The Black Gryphon

The White Gryphon

Descent into the Depths of the Earth

Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Golden Fool

Dragonsong

Dragonsinger

The Other Wind


February:

Legends II

The Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque

Over Sea, Under Stone

The Dark is Rising

Greenwitch

The Grey King

Silver on the Tree


March:

Into the Darkness

Sometimes the Magic Works

The Best of H.P. Lovecraft


April:

High Druid of Shannara: Jarka Ruus

Ender's Game

Talon of the Silver Hawk

Science Fiction: The Best of 2003

Dragondrums

The Minority Report and Other Classic Stories by Philip K. Dick

Speaker for the Dead

Xenocide

Children of the Mind

Ender's Shadow

Shadow of the Hegemon

The Color of Magic


May:

The Light Fantastic

Equal Rites

The Truth

Pyramids


June:

Kushiel's Avatar

The Transition of H.P. Lovecraft
(currently reading)

Flights: Extreme Visions of Fantasy (currently reading)

The last one I borrowed from Vin, who just bought it the other day, and told me to plug it in my blog so that Dean would read it, considering it has a Jeffrey Ford short story ("Jupiter's Skull").

But honestly, it looks like a promising anthology. It's edited by Al Sarrantonio, and features a good line-up of writers, some of which I've heard, others I never heard of (which is a good thing since I'm being exposed to new writers).

Vin was even joking that that Neil Gaiman and Orson Scott Card seems to have switched titles, since the latter wrote a short story entitled "Keeper of Lost Dreams", while the former "The Problem of Susan".

And my advice is to get it from A Different Bookstore/Ink and Stone, since they have it along with Powerbooks, but the former is cheaper, unless you have discount from the latter (I have both, so ADB is the way for me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home