Thursday, May 01, 2003

Pooped

I've seen better days. And I know people who've had worse circumstances than I for the past few days. Anyway, still have to cram James Joyce's Ulysses (especially considering I only got 1/10 in the last quiz).

Utang ng Loob

I don't know. It just seems these days (especially in the Philippines), you can't do a good deed without others expecting others to return the favor.

Case in point, I loaned Leo a book (Dragons of a Fallen Sun) and then he suddenly offers his list of books for me to borrow. I declined but he still kept asking me if I wanted to borrow anything.

Labor Day

Well, despite it being a holiday, duty calls. A lot of shops were closed in Katipunan, which made getting things done difficult.

Found out that they were giving free MRT rides today, and when I got off at the Santolan/Annapolis station, armed guards were everywhere: sleeping on the floors, leaning on the walls, hanging by the rails... and their shields were pretty intimidating.

The Comicol

Well, me, Elbert (who's in a bad mood), and Adrian (who finally has some credits) had to cram the layout for our comic to be given away on Saturday. Oh wait, only Adrian and Elbert were doing the layout. I was just there watching them do stuff and help carry some of the expensive computer equipment.

And since a lot of shops were closed, finding a workplace was hard (apparently Starbucks Katipunan disabled all their electronic plugs) and photocopying the comic posed problems (no printer, no photocopier place open nearby) of its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home