Sunday, May 11, 2003

Mother's Day

I'm not hiding the fact that well, I dislike my mother. Or any of my relatives for that matter. In fact, I made a decision some ten years ago or so not to be like my mother.

When I woke up this morning and got out of my room, my mother was there with eyes peering at me. Insecure and always seeking affirmation as always, she was waiting for me to greet her happy mother's day. I sighed and eventually said the words. Then she rambled on and on.

Which is why, in the end, I try to avoid my mother as much as possible.

180 Degrees

Well, it is worth noting that today's worship service involved the band 180 degrees performing at our church. I was impressed at their acting and I guess their music as well (listening to music was never a pastime for me).

So Little Time

Well, my Books of the Century class is consuming most of my free time. Right now I'm reading Franz Kafka's "The Castle". Compared to James Joyce's "Ulysses", it's a walk in the park. But unfortunately, I should have read "The Stranger" by Tuesday, "Labyrinths" by Wednesday, and "Lolita" by Thursday. And I guess the real problem is that I have to finish reading it by those days because I can't afford to have a backlog of reading since there's always something new the following day.

Did I mention the end of summer is two weeks away, and we haven't had our midterms yet, or done any of the two supposed papers which are requirements?

Plug

If there's any comic worth plugging, it's Ab Ovo. Click on the link. It is free after all.

Books Just Read

For some strange reason, I found the time to finish reading Fred Saberhagen's First Book of Swords. I originally got it from the book sale Ateneo's library had before the year ended. Too bad I don't have the second and third books...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home