Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Sore Muscles

Well, my legs are hurting, probably from overexhausting myself from last night since I sprinted from The Podium home.

Animatrix

Found out that someone's selling VCDs of the nine episodes of Animatrix, even when the DVD is due to be released a month away. I guess only here in the Philippines, where piracy (while not at its worst) is pervasive.

Meteor Garden

I wonder why ABS-CBN hesitated in acquiring this Taiwan soap opera (which in itself is based on a certain anime/manga title).

I mean it has most (if not all) of the elements in the typical soap operas here. There's the female protagonist that's "poor" and "oppressed", the underdog.

Then there's the handsome love interest that everyone else is drooling on (and in this case, that's four "bishonen"). Plus the typical love triangle...

And lastly, there's the typical female antagonist who wants the handsome men that fell for the protagonist, all the while acting like two-dimensional "selfish" matrons. And yes, they're rich too.

So there's several handsome Chinese men, a cute female lead, story based on a popular anime/manga series, and all the elements that Filipinos frequently fall for in a soap opera...

Comics!

Just found out from Dean's blog that my former teacher as well as my former boss is going to contribute stories for an upcoming comic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home