Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Came home really really late and brother was using the phone. Here's yesterday's entry:

Despite the fact that I was just in one place today (manning the Comicol booth), I found out how restless I can become staying put. I guess it's an improvement over Monday's activities which involves going back and forth between Ateneo and CCHQ since I had people to meet.

And while there were a lot of pretty girls borrowing comics at the booth, I'm shy, so I didn't introduce myself. Besides, it's my philosophy that if I was meant to know someone, I'll meet that person in the future.

The Theo report today was the worst. Aside from the fact that it dragged on for about an hour (when the allowed maximum was thirty minutes), their handouts were three pages long even when the teacher was asking for only one page. And it was back to back. The Powerpoint was also horrible since the text at the lower portion couldn't be seen since the background was dark blue on black font. Speakers were obviously reading their report (although to their credit, they weren't looking at the screen). And while it was comprehensive, they were just dictating it to us, making us lose interest.

I planned to watch Hero once I got out of school at 4:30 but I ended up arriving at G4 at 6:00 pm because of the wet weather and heavy traffic. Unfortunately, Hero was showing at 6 pm and I wanted to start it from the beginning so I opted for the 8:15 show. That meant getting home late. Of course getting home late was a blessing in disguise since Athene sent me a text message and said she got Arislan #8 for me and I could meet her today.

I was tempted to take a taxi to meet Athene once the movie was finished but thankfully, I decided to commute. When I got to the station, found out the MRT was still open and while I didn't take the last shuttle heading North, it was probably the second to the last. There was even a guy who leaped at the MRT when the doors were closing and the people opposite of me remarked that they never saw someone do something like that except on TV.

Walking to Seattle's Best, saw Aaron and girlfriend (forgot her name, as usual) outside Megamall. They were surprised that I was there up late, and that I'm walking home.

Speaking of walking home, it's not what it used to be. Had to avoid several pitholes since some construction was going on. When it's evening, that's not exactly the best circumstance since you might accidentally fall. At least now I know my leg has recovered even though the wound is still there and hasn't fully healed yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home