Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Some people like me and some people don't like me. Either way, they read my blog. Why is that?

Day started with me doing research in the library. Hmmm, there's some construction going on in there. Also, a lot of Miriam students were entering Ateneo's art exhibit which featured Doreen Fernandez and her brother(?). Elbert did ask me later that afternoon if I've been to the place. I just told him that it already smells of paint from outside the library. And that was what he was going to point out, that the smell of the art exhibit was strong.

Next stop was CCHQ. Hopefully they'll bring in the new Japanese shipments by either tomorrow or Friday.

Enzo, my carpool, told me yesterday that he couldn't bring me home that day since he was going out. He neglected to tell me that he would be out for the entire week. Just found out today that he's outside of Metro Manila...

And strangely enough, today of all days, people were sending me text messages asking me for LotR premiere tickets. First off, I don't have them. >.< The org that's hosting the premiere hasn't sold the tickets yet. I just asked one of my friends in the org to hold some tickets for me. And ummmm, I can't get too much since most likely, I'll have to pay for all of those before people who are asking me for tickets can pay me. And I don't know the price yet. Worst case scenario is around P240 if they didn't get enough sponsors. Hopefully, it'll cost less than that.

And here's a link I got from Richie's blog about what happened to the stage actress that played the love interest of Fred Savage in The Wonder Years.

Also couldn't resist buying bubblegum ice cream (yogurt actually). The reason I can't eat bubblegum is because it sticks to my braces (bad enough that I step on bubblegum from time to time and it's a hassle to remove it from my shoe). And there was this time when I was a kid that I kept on swallowing bubblegum...

Lastly, ummm, to those who think the reason I buy gifts for people is so that I can "buy friends", think again. Here's my criteria (as well as Charles propaganda) for giving gifts, provided that I have the money to actually purchase it.

1) If the person really really wants it. I mean come on, why give a gift if you know the person's not going to like it? Let's just say I have a weak heart for making people happy, especially when they're down.

2) If what the person wants is related to what I want. Despite the fact that I'm dense, I have empathy for people. And I guess I can relate more with the happiness other people feel when they receive my gift if I can relate to it. I mean if someone wants clothes badly, ummmm, it's harder to part with the money in buying it for that person. But if it's something, like say, anime, manga, or books, that's something I can sympathize and when I see the smiles that light up their faces, well, I'm happy too.

3) If I'm depressed. Okay, a lot of people find it hard to believe that cheering up other people makes me happy. And well, let's face it, the people I know are materialistic to a certain degree so cheering them up is simple as buying this and that. So when I'm sad, I buy stuff for people. ^^ (Uh, in my past summer job, I seldom eat lunch but when I do, I treat everyone out. Maybe it's a corollary... when I'm hungry, everyone should eat. ^^)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home