Monday, December 02, 2002

I want to throttle my ISP. Yup, you guessed it: bouncing email adress.

Before I start, I just want to say National Bookstore now has all of Raymond E. Feist's books, from Magician: Apprentice to Janny Wurts's Empire trilogy. Which is why I'm grateful for my crush because I can rant to her about these stuff, considering it was quite difficult to find these books before in addition to costing an arm and a leg for my (and her) copies.

Anyway, started the day by arriving to school and obtaining readings for my feature writing class. I would have gotten them last week if Leo the inept left a note to the photocopier lady that "it" was our feature readings. Thank God Elbert clarified things and separated our readings. Unfortunately, when I looked at it, apparently the photocopier lady wrote down "picture writing class" with the letter p superimposed with an f. Imagine saying it out loud, in a Rex Navarrette voice: "Ficture writing class".

Then, it was off strolling around the campus, looking for a place to do my homework. My usual haunt, the library steps, were not only full of people but smokers as well. Definitely not for me. The cafeterias were full and since I don't have a tambayan (hangout)... then I ran into Gio who is so dense that he still doesn't know where to buy Lord of the Rings ticket even if he is an Atenean (and no, this is not considered backstabbing since I know he will read this eventually).

Charles: How did you get your premier tickets last year?

Carlos: Ummm, from you. (Actually, they were selling it at the Kostka extension and told him to go there and buy them there.)

Yes Carlos, I can see your self-sufficiency and independence. Despite the fact that "Celadon" is emblazoned on the ticket and one of the people we hang out with (Russ) is a Celadon member, you still don't know where to obtain tickets. Or have them reserved, for that matter. ^^

Off to CCHQ but before I went there, ran into a Comicol member who submitted me artwork which would be given to Elbert. And of course, at the bottom of the FBR building, Elbert arrives... (this, of course, is the best explanation for my "mysterious stalker powers", which is also called luck, chance, and fate)

Anyway, found more clues as to why some people are angry at me (and since I am the person in question involved, yes, it very well concerns me). First, I'm accused of something that if it occurred in a workplace, would be considered sexual harrassment. Of course, over the weekend, I pondered what this could be (if you're reading this and actually thought that I'm capable of sexual harrassment, at least when I'm sober, then you don't know me as much). Well, I find out it occurred last Wednesday when I sat beside a friend, touched her hair, and tucked it in her ear since I was obsessive compulsive and the hair sticking out didn't exactly look good. She did tell me not to mess up her hair so I didn't touch it again. And of course, that act was done out of being OC (obsessive-compulsive) rather than out of malice or even an intent to flirt. My God, that was the last thing on my mind when I was thinking of what I could have "done".

Good news: CCHQ sports a new Christmas decor. And of course, Elbert would just love it if Khristine and Katya began to set up mistletoes in the store. New issue of previews, by the way.

Afterwards, it was off to Jollibee. And on the way, it rained. There were four of us but only three bothered to bring umbrellas. Which is why I have two umbrellas in my bag. One for me, and one for those in need. So sue me for being nice and prepared.

Sometime later, I finally got to see and talk to my Fil 11 teacher, Ms. Belen, after two years. Of course the comment she makes about me is this:

Ms. Belen: Siyempre si Charles marami nang nabasang libro. Palagi ko siyang nakikita sa lib steps nagbabasa. (Of course Charles should have read a lot by now. I always see him at the lib steps readings.)

Well, I guess that's a good reputation as any.

And for Philo class, Mr. Bulaong told us that he'll be giving us a free cut on Friday (since it's Ramadan, a Muslim tradition, hence a holiday) and he might give a free cut on Monday (because Dec. 8 is the feast of Immaculate Conception but since it falls on a Sunday, the school must celebrate it on Monday via a holiday, especially considering the fact that the UAAP basketball team won the championships, and they supposedly honored the game to Mary). That's student I-don't-want-class logic for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home