Thursday, September 26, 2002

Yes, my ISP was down the entire evening. It's a good thing I saved what I was writing last night. Can you beleive it? Totally no email for the past twenty four hours? And I'm in like 24 mailing list!!! Something really went wrong... That was a totally unproductive evening.

Finally got to finish reading The Cat Who Walks Through Walls by Robert Heinlein after some one and a half week of trying to read it. It's a mix of science fiction and comedy, although the satire is not as obvious as say, Douglas Adams. I guess the real problem I had was that the "exciting" part was in the middle of the book and it took me quite awhile to reach that part. The story soon shifts from science-fiction to metafiction and leaves me with an ending that seems hanging.

I guess another factor in me not reading the darn thing is that I bought it for P25 and at that price, the book is really old, dusty, and yellow. You know there's really something wrong when a bug comes crawling out of the book when you're reading it. No, that is not an exaggeration. That's why right now I'm hesitant to read the other SF books I got for P25.

And since my Internet wasn't working last night despite futile attempts (it connects but you can't surf at all... at least people who can't connect know they're not connecting and it doesn't waste their time), I managed to sleep early. *yawn* 10:30 pm is quite early for my bedtime. At least there wasn't a mosquito that bites me while I'm asleep or worse, semi-awake, like what happened the other evening.

Today, I wake up to the strangest dream that it takes me quite some time to realize what day it is. Oh wow. I'm a student who along with a couple of other people I don't know is trying to build a flying contraption (much like what da Vinci had in mind) except that it's supposed to support eight people. Of course I was also having an exam in the Ambeth Ocampo style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home