Wednesday, September 25, 2002

Technically, I should be doing a lot of things right now, like writing my nonfiction story and revamping the layout so that other people can distinguish my links from text. But I'm lazy so it'll be postponed to sometime next week.

I guess today was a big leap for me. I didn't go my usual route after Theo class in the hope that I'll run into Steph (today's the day when she has to commute home as her car is color coded on Wednesdays). Of course it also happens that my groupmate wanted to discuss what she'll be writing for our Theo paper. It took me around an hour to explain how the flow of the paper will go. It really surprised me that Diva didn't know what to write, especially considering the fact that it's been a couple of weeks and we already had three consultations. Technically, I want to write our paper but Diva wants a draft by Friday so that we can consult with Fr. Dacanay and as of today, not everyone brought the necessary materials (interview answers, outline, etc...). I don't think I can cram it tomorrow considering I have class until 7:30 pm and my classes start at 10:30 pm the next day. Oh well, at least I won't worry about what to write for a change. I just hope the grade we get is high enough to make up for my lost 35%.

And then it was off to CCHQ. Fortunately, it didn't rain when I was headed there. Got acquainted with one of the people who often hangs out there: Meia. I think that's how her name is spelled. Anyway, she had borrowed before John's copy of After Eden and wanted to finish it so I loaned her mine. Several minutes later, the Miriam girls had to get back to school and so did Meia since she had to do some research. And then it rained.

Khristine, one of the shop owners of CCHQ, chides me to write this on my blog. Everyone's hyped up for tomorrow's UAAP basketball game between Ateneo and DLSU. Get over it. The fate of the championships does't hang on the balance on tomorrow's game. It's a best out of three. Whoever wins tomorrow's game isn't defining. It's the Saturday game that's important. And even then, it's the last quarter that's the game to see as no matter how high your lead is during the first or second quarter, it's the final standing that has a bearing. You may have a lead of twenty points but by the fourth quarter, that lead might as well have been zero. Of course if you want to learn Basketball tactics...

My spider-sense was tingling so I headed back to Ateneo at 2:15 even though my class was still at 3:30. Sure enough, Mich sent me a text message asking me to meet her in the library. How she got into the library without an ID I don't know. Anyway, I'll be kind as she's probably going to read this entry if she's bored enough. =P

So I was there in the library, meeting Mich and Ela. Mich hands me this book on homosexuality and asks me to borrow it. I decline. She then asks me to borrow it FOR HER. Oh. To make long story short, MK borrows it for Mich. And then I carry Mich's book outside of the library when the detector beeps. I ask Mich if all the books she was carrying were borrowed. Apparently, I accidentally brought an additional book. Rushed to return it and joined Mich and Ela.

Charles: So Mich, what's the topic of your research paper that you need all these books?

Mich: These books? Oh, I just want to read them for leisure.

Mental thought: Mich? Reading for pleasure? She must be really bored there at UA&P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home