Monday, September 23, 2002

Just finished watching Boston Public. It was a Thanksgiving episode. I don't think Filipinos practice Thanksgiving. Even my family didn't have Thanksgiving until a few years back. It's probably one of the fancy ideas my mom caught, one of the "in things" to make herself more popular with her "friends".

On a side note, it's my second time around getting over someone. It's never easy. I don't think it'll ever be. It's just that I say her name to myself whenever I need encourage or inspiration. I have to stop that habit now. I guess it's difficult not referring to her. I've embedded her into my psyche for the past two years. It's going to take awhile to get her out of my system.

I'm planning to loan Ela After Eden. I guess the nice thing about Ela is that I can loan her stuff: books I read, magazines I like, comics that are interesting, etc.... I guess it's a break from Steph whom I have to move heaven and earth just to get her to borrow something from me. I guess I'm also pretty dysfunctional. I find myself cheering other people up to soothe my loneliness. And that usually involves buying stuff for them. I mean just today, I had on reserve the last copy of Sandman Postcards. Who I'll give them to, I don't know. I don't think I even have anyone who's interested as I've already given one to Erin. Perhaps a worse case was when I was giving Sandman: Dream Hunters to friends a few years back. *sigh* At least I'm giving them to people who really want them, not some random person I happen to know. What kind of consolation is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home