Friday, August 09, 2002

Rain, rain, and more rain. It's been the pattern for the past two months: during the weekend, a mini-storm would come, wrecking the plans of several people. Oh well.

I was actually inspired to write this morning, which is why my other blog is updated. I should do a revamp of the layout one of these days.

I came to school today and when I was headed for class, the fire drill commenced. Students suddenly came out of their classrooms and smoke was coming out of the building. All the students cheered as a fire truck came and made a mock attempt of extinguishing the flames. At least the drill was announced. Reminds me of the time in Xavier when we were having too many drills that when the real fire came, everyone hesitated, thinking it was just a drill.

Lining up for Philosophy orals didn't turn out as quickly as I thought. Like most lines in Ateneo, students manage to cut in and invite their friends to cut in. I feel I'll be losing friends soon because of my strict enforcement of the no-cutting-in-line policy.

I then headed for CCHQ to make my regular visit. Khristine and Katherine were packaging the Western comics that arrived. Woohoo! Battle of the Planets issue 2! Thundercats! Too bad I don't collect comics, because of budget problems.

Erin, if you're reading this, I have good news and bad news, no matter how you see it. For one thing, they'll be acquiring a credit card line. However, it'll be quite some time before that happens since the bank opens at 9 am and the proprietors have class during that time. And oh yeah, you apparently bought the last Saiyuki plushies. Their suppliers ran out of them already. =)

Also amidst sitting and talking at CCHQ, Ida Yotoko and J.C. Gonzales of Digital Tour entered. Looks like CCHQ will be getting TV publicity... When the cameras started rolling in, we were asked to go out. ^^

The reunion was held at Krokodile Grill. It felt like Ateneo. I mean for the first hour, everyone that was present were at one point or another Ateneans. The only exception was Sherwin, and he lives near Ateneo. Francis Kong and Ryan Fong eventually came, the latter bringing what I presume is his girlfriend. Oh yeah, people the class didn't expect to have girlfriends suddenly started having them. And yes, I'm single, perhaps forever, but that's something I've come to terms with.

Oh yeah, we were also smart enough to ask for separate bills. Actually, people wanted to go home early since many had classes in the morning, some had midterms, and a few had papers due. My carpoool, Jeremy, couldn't study for his midterms so he left at 10 pm. Since I hitch with him, I waved goodbye to everyone else. Joseph rode with us as well and then it started raining...

And throughout the entire time, I was my arrogant and pompous self. It's nice to know that I can still admit these things to myself. And if anyone's irritated at me, don't hesitate to bring it to my attention. I'd rather have an angry friend than a missing friend. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home