Tuesday, July 16, 2002

Sleep, sleep, and more sleep. That's what I've been reduced to as of late, especially considering my eyesore.

Had to wake up early since I still had to go to Casa Manila and the San Agustin Museum. These museum trips are slowly eating on my budget, although not as much as the previous ones. The security lady at Casa Manila talked to her fellow security guards about me when I talked to them in Filipino. They must have thought I was a foreigner or something. The curators were kinder although they were surprised to that Ateneo has a Creative Writing course.

After a nap, I had the urge to go to Glorietta. When I was there, I saw a book that Steph would love. Of course I don't have her mobile number so I couldn't send her a text message. I had to look for a phone booth and call her up. Unfortunately, she wasn't home. And the annoying thing about Glorietta is that most of their pay phones are in the center, right next to the stage where events are held often. I don't know how people can manage to talk over the phone, especially with all the noise.

Went to Megamall and ran into Tonton. I was then dragged to Filbars and Comic Quest, and later to that arcade at the 3rd floor. Everyone was oogling at the Gundam game. And then I ran into some of my blockmates. Apparently, they had a block outing. Nice of them not to invite me. =) They sang Karaoke and Carlo even tried playing House of the Dead with two guns. Goodbye P24.00.

Since I was just standing there for two hours, watching people get beaten up at Gundam, I decided to move on and went to Robinsons to buy some groceries. By the time I got home, I had a quick snap and slept.

I was then woken up when the village youth was looking for me. I came down and saw it was the cute Ana, her sister Isabel, and a guy. His name was John, I think, and they were collecting the barangay census since only around 50 out of the 350 residence submitted.

Since I used to have an infatuation with Ana and nothing better to do, I decided to tag along. A lot of people didn't write their real estate tax and my mom even put P500 in ours. Called her up and told her it couldn't be P500 since people were putting in five digit numbers. Our lot is small, but it's not THAT small. Apparently, mother thought it was for the "sedula" and later gave me the correct amount.

One family put in "baby talk" under the languages spoken by their child. That's just one of the many things you find out. Oh yeah, I also found out Ana and Isabel don't live in Duke street anymore.

After, after visiting two streets, I went home, ate dinner, and slept. Woke up to tape something for mom and then went back to sleep. I just tried to call up Steph but she's now sleeping. -.- Guess I'll just have to somehow find her tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home