Sunday, July 14, 2002

Schoolwork is typical. We're supposed to write a group reflection paper for theology and the rest of my groupmates said they'd be emailing me theirs. As usual, some have emailed, and some have sent me a message they'll do it tomorrow, at the last minute. And to think I was prepared to have it all done by today.

Right now, I'm going to everyone else's web logs, planning to disconnect, and read them all. You'd be surprised at the Internet time you save. It's also quite annoying at all the blog pages you have to go to just to get a good link list.

And speaking of link's list, Benj's site is one of the best portals out there. Why? Aside from having a long list of links (which is one of the reasons why I really shouldn't extend my small link list), the site is quick to download and doesn't have all those irritating, noticeable scripts. If anything else, he doesn't have all those graphic character tests that people are taking these days and then posting them up on their blogs, livejournals, and movable type.

Also, just to note the ultra-paranoid boyfriends lurking out there, Rexy, my friend, had a boyfriend last year who was quite overpossessive. How much? Ummm, he deleted all the boy's names on Rexy's phone so that every time I saw Rexy, she'd ask me for my number over and over again. >.< Maybe I should actually be thankful for her boyfriend...

And Garr, I did tell my parent's I'd be coming home at around that hour (3 or 4 am) and that somebody would be bringing me home (i.e. in a car). The place is only a ten minute walk away and it's right next to the restaurant my mom managed before they relocated to Shoppesville. I don't even get lung cancer from the place (unlike M:TG fests) since all the smoking is held outside. I can sleepover in Makati yet not stay up late for a game a few streets away? That's irony for you.

And I'm not eighteen. =) Which reminds me, I'm too lazy to register, much less to vote. Besides, I don't know who to vote for. I even had a dream this morning of voting using a computer and behind me were all these officials. Whenever I scrolled down to a name, they'd make all these reactions and I don't know whether they're the person I just passed through or their acquaintances or their rivals.

Another annoying thing I noticed in the wee hours of the morning is that most of the insects in my room pop out at around that time. All the papers in my room suddenly start making noises as insects of all kinds scuttle around. When I'm typing on the computer, a bug flies on the monitor or lands on the keyboard. I never get to catch it as it hides INSIDE the keyboard. Also, the bathroom is literally turning into an anthill. Usually, it would just be littered with ants from one end to another. The other night, I saw literally hundreds of ants and some of them went vertical, which is quite a shock. When I go down to the kitchen to get a glass of water, I encounter cockroaches the size of small coin purses. Lizards run amock the sink and in our guestroom, a rat lurks in the curtain. It's also amazing that no matter how much I get bitten by flies, I don't get dengue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home