Sunday, July 14, 2002

Here are some inconsistencies my parents proliferate:

They say we're not rich, just mediocre in terms of finances. However, my dad thinks I'm too good for commuting and that driving (and having) a car is essential to everyday life.

My parents highly encouraged me to drive. I just couldn't practice doing so in the evening, which is actually my only free time since that's the time I get home from school.

My parents say that I should get along with my brothers and sisters since they were close with their siblings when they were younger. Of course my dad seldom comes to the family dinner during Sundays since he abhors my mother's side of the family.

My parents wanted me home by 3 am so that I won't get wet in the rain. At 3 am, it was raining hard, so how can I get home at that hour without getting wet?

Dad says he's been working hard for the past several years so that we can all be happy. No one in the family's happy.

My parents say we should marry fellow Chinese since marrying outside that will cause lots of marital problems. My parents, both Chinese, have arguments and fights all the time. They don't even have sex.

Mom said it's nice to be curious. When I ask her about how much she earns, she suddenly tells me it's none of my business. -.-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home