Sunday, July 07, 2002

On our way to our grandma's house for dinner, mother was asking brother about info on his friends. And then she had to ask questions whether the wife of the guy is Chinese or not Chinese. Better yet, is she pure Chinese or half Chinese. Welcome to conservative Chinese thinking, where people are close minded and want to keep the bloodline "pure". That just annoys me.

It also annoys me when my parents ask me those type of questions about my friends. I mean they object the people I go out with because of the bloodline, not because of their personality. That's "civilized" for you. Next thing you know, they'll be asking me whether the person I'm courting is Chinese or not. Makes me want to tell them 1) it's none of your business and 2) look at how your marriage worked out. I mean my dad is just living out the remaining days of his life out of duty to his children. He doesn't love my mom. My mom, on the other hand, doesn't want to get a divorce because of what people will say. She doesn't really love him. The only reason I think they got married in the first place is because aside from being both pure blooded Chinese, father was doing business with mom's father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home