Sunday, December 25, 2005

[Blog Entry] Cellphones Are Ringing

Cellphones Are Ringing


In the Philippines, Christmas is marked by the usual onslaught of text messages greeting everyone Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year. I used to appreciate these messages a few years ago, but lately, the beep of mobile phones sends a chill down my spine.

In my job, unfortunately, the quickest way of communicating with other people is via the cellphone. When people have to cancel a photo shoot, they send it to me via the phone. When my boss wants something done, I get it through the phone. So the beep of cellphones literally frighten me. The first thing that comes to mind is "what did I miss?" or "what needs to be done this time?".

I take a deep breath knowing it's just a Christmas greeting. But that's only after reading the message. I even received a text message from my boss and I thought "oh no!" but thankfully, it was just a Christmas greeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home