Monday, August 15, 2005

[Blog Entry] Komikon 2005, Updates

Komikon 2005

Komikon 2005
1st Philippine Komiks Convention 2005
Oct 22, 2005
U.P. Bahay ng Alumni, Diliman, Q.C.
www.komikon.epinoy.com

More news also at http://komikon.blogspot.com

Updates

Work, as usual, is stressful. My only source of comfort is that I pray everyday, and for some strange reason, God grants me small miracles.

Managed to finish my speculative fiction short story for the anthology Dean is compiling, although I don't think I'll get in considering all the talented people that submitted (but that wasn't the point why I submitted in the first place... it's to submit, meet the deadline, and come up with something new).

This was something I had to write over the weekend though, and I had to give up spending time with Jaime Bautista, Elbert Or, and other Siglo-folk as they took a break in Tagaytay. Of course this weekend, I'll be the one out of touch as we have a compulsory company outing in Subic.

Elbert asked me last night whether I could take a sabbatical from work but unfortunately, the answer is no. Honestly, there's nothing I want more than a month's worth of vacation time, but there's simply a lot that needs to be done in the coming weeks (my typical day involves waking up in the morning, and then I simply get stressed out thinking of everything that needs to be accomplished when I get to the office). I wish there was someone I could pass on the job to.

On a side note, Saturday will mark the first day I got accepted in a call center. Never mind the fact that around two months later, I resigned. It's only been a year and a half since I left college, yet I already feel so weary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home