Monday, August 08, 2005

[Meme] Book Meme (again)

Book Meme

Because it's from Dean... and I need a break from my daily cycle (and because of interesting turn of events as of late).

Number of Books I Own:

I'd probably have an accurate count if it weren't for the fact that a number of my books are in limbo (i.e. loaned to other people, and I have no idea if I'm actually getting them back or not).

Last Books That I Bought:

Memoranda by Jeffrey Ford. I do love Ford's writing, and I find his novels interesting (and a break from your typical fantasy or science-fiction, depending on how you see it). Memoranda is the second book in a trilogy, although I think I gave away my copy of the first book.

Five Nations by Bill Slavicsek, David Noonan, and Christopher Perkins. It's a D&D RPG supplement for the Eberron campaign setting. It's actually one of Wizards of the Coast's better RPG supplements, but won't mean much unless you're a fan of Eberron (or D&D for that matter).

Last Comics (Trade/Collected Editions/Original Graphic Novels) Purchased:

When it comes to singles, it's PVP #0.

As for an actual trade, it's one of those Sandman volumes, but I gave it to a friend when I ran into her at Powerbooks several months ago (I doubt she even remembers [or even reads this blog]).

As for a trade/anthology that I actually bought for myself, it would have to be the locally published Siglo: Freedom and Marco's K.I.A..

Last Books Read:

According to my database, it would have to be The Best of Science Fiction 2004 edited by Karen Haber and Jonathan Strahan. That was way back in June though.

Currently, I've gone through Jonathan Strange and Dr. Norrel but I haven't finished reading it yet since it's a hardcover and it's a difficult book to lug around the office. I'm also reading Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson by I lost interest. Right now I'm midway through Memoranda since I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Five or So Books Important To Me:

The Bible. Because I'm more Christian than I think I really am.

The Scions of Shanarra by Terry Brooks. Not exactly the most astounding fantasy novel out there, but it's the one that started me along the path of reading and becoming a SF&F buff.

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, because it's actually the first novel that I finished in grade school.

The Dream Hunters by Neil Gaiman (and art by Yoshitaka Amano). It's what, an illustrated book that I bought several copies of and gave them away because I liked it so much (and strangely "lost" a number of them to strange incidents). Alas, I had one copy of my own which I managed to hold on to for a year or two, but I had to give it away to a friend (one of the guys who cosplayed as Dream Hunters Morpheus) in the recent visit of Neil Gaiman.

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. If there's any book I think that would unite fantasy fans, it's probably this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel Fabie said...

Would you remember the blog address of the person we were introduced to during Jobert's party? I think her name was Kathy.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Kel Fabie said...

If not that, maybe Justin's blog address? Thanks!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home