Saturday, December 13, 2003

Convention

Yesterday was the first part of C3, with the lines as long as ever.

Of course it occured to me that marketing wise, making a convention anime, comic, and gaming related means that not only do you have potentially more sponsors, but you have a wider audience to take advantage of.

The event was really crowded, and it's only Saturday. Today's when people really start coming in, since all the main events are held on Sunday.

Quote of the Day

Me being the stalker that I am, I ran into a lot of people. Of course their first question is "sinong kasama mo?" ("who are you with?"). As if people haven't learned by now that I'm usually alone, the loner and unpopular person that I am.

Purpose in Life

Of course most of the day was spent guarding the bags and costumes and cameras of some cosplayers. Not only does somebody have to do it, it takes a long time. I mean when they ask me if I could watch over their stuff while they go get dressed, I know that entails me waiting for an hour or two, because 1) there's makeup to think of, 2) the costumes might be difficult to get into or have several appendages, and 3) not to generalize but females tend to spend more time fixing themselves than guys (and a lot of the cosplayers are female... the guy cosplayers just come into costume usually).

Lost and Found

Had to go up on stage and announce that a friend lost a digicam (there's a first time for everything) and not exactly the "in the limelight" that I was expecting. Of course when the announcer said it, she told me it was my camera (I can only wish I have a digicam to lose), although she did say it in the most efficient and polite of ways.

Later on, had to change my quote of the day from "I'm here alone" to "It's found, and no, it's not my camera".

Of course I was also keeping track of a lot of things yesterday as an acquaintance left his L5R deck.

Comics!

Everything's out. It's a good thing I'm not the type of person that buys comics (for myself).

Silly Silly Silly

It seems that the new contest rules are not conducive to participating. For example, one of the new rules says that if you win this year, you can't participate in the same event next year. And so my group of friends are hoping they win second place in the fight scene competition so that they can participate again next year (and well, there's a good chance they'll win first place considering there were only two other groups who participated, and one of them really sucked [it was two guys kicking each other's butt without style or finesse] that even the emcees made befuddles retorts).

There's No Place Like Home

Except after braving the rain, I find that there's a party at home courtesy of my dad. At least I got to eat even when it was past dinner time. And no one was thankfully smoking at the garden (which meant smoke entering my room).

But in the drunken state that my dad was, he was already making speeches on politics at how the government should be blamed, that citizens have no fault and that everything wrong in the Philippines is due to the administration. That and GMA is the most corrupt official yet.

Which I beg to differ since the government can't be the messianic figure everyone wants it to be. They're a stepping stone, but all the blame can't be placed on them. After all, it's the citizens that vote, the citizens that pay (or not pay) the taxes, the citizens that work and take up the duties and responsibilities of being a Filipino.

Other self-centered remarks by dad's friends that the one thing important in the president is that "he's my friend" as to take advantage of favoritism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home