Wednesday, October 29, 2003

The Bookstores are Going Crazy

In both the good and bad ways. For example...

Books That Aren't in Their Shelves

Terry Pratchett's Night Watch was available at Powerbooks in Makati but not in Mega Mall. Today, I just found out why I didn't see it in the Mega Mall branch: because it was shelved in the mystery/suspense section.

I guess I'm also used to Gaiman being shelved in the fiction section but when I saw his books in the Goodwill stands, I thought I might as well browse through the fiction section (in Makati, last week). And Pratchett's other discworld book, Witches Abroad, was there.

Bargain Books

I wasn't supposed to spend money on books today but when I saw the price tag (at National Bookstore and Powerbooks Mega Mall), I couldn't resist. Take for example...

Philip K. Dick's Minority Report and Other Stories. US price is $14.95. Retail price is P249.00 ($5.00).

Or A Century of Great Suspense Stories. US price is $29.95. Retail price is P415.00 ($8.00).

With prices like that, who could resist? Oh yeah, don't bother looking for those books at the Mega Mall branch. Between me and Vin, they've probably ran out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home