Thursday, September 11, 2003

New Blogger

Well, the services seem to be improving... but being a "free user" can only get you so far.

9-11

Hmmm. Today's 9-11. Moving on...

Criticism

My fellow creative writing blockmates tend to be emotional. Whenever they receive criticism, they always take it personally. Perhaps they're better writers than me. Being emotional probably helps their writing since they're more in touch with feelings and the senses. But please, people point out flaws so that you can remedy them, not rub it in your face.

A Valid Question

Me: So are you confident enough in your work that you think it's the next Palanca-winning fiction? That people will buy our book because of it?

Blockmate: Yes!! I mean I was part of the Dumagete workshop.

Me: So?

Blockmate: It's one of the most internationally prestigious workshop.

And then I get interrupted before I can say "so?" again. Because in the endworkshops are only tools (in addition to not being the be all and end all of writing craftsmanship). It's the writer who determines whether the workshop was fruitful or not.

To my blockmate's credit, she's probably a better writer than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home