Friday, August 22, 2003

The Urban Legend

One of these days, I will become an urban legend. After two straight days depriving myself of sleep, these are some conceptions people have of me:

1) I am able to walk great distances (i.e. Ateneo to Virra Mall).

2) I carry a similarly heavy amount of stuff (presumed to be heavier than me).

3) I am like an orchid, subsisting on air alone (people rarely see me eat).

The Workshop

Spent a good deal of fifteen hours at the workshop. Highlights include:

Me bringing a roll of chocolate cake to the event (and as usual, I'm allergic to the food I bring).

Before midnight, the entire workshop praying the rosary (and times like these, I'm glad I'm not Catholic... but that didn't stop me from joining them in praying).

I managed to sleep at midnight, only to wake up at 3 am since two classmates were smoking at the porch and I could smell it even while dreaming.

Sleep Deprivation Part 2

Unfortunately, Friday evening was spent with Elbert and company since I was the designated, uh, host for him since he was going to crash at my place.

Met at Comic Quest where Vin was there together with Carlos. Did manage to sneak a peak on certain RPG books but we had to leave since Elbert's sweetheart was calling.

Charm

Remember that episode in Seinfeld where Jerry managed to get a really beautiful girlfriend who would charm everyone else? For example, when Jerry got arrested for speeding, the cop was going to give him a ticket when his girlfriend politely asked if the cop would make an exception and he did.

Similarly, Cammy managed to call the waiter with one smile wherein it previously proved futile for Elbert to ask for extra rice at Tokyo Tokyo.

Karaoke

Eventually, Vin, Elbert, and I went to the karaoke bar with Dean, his lovely wife Nikki, Carlo Vergara, and Tobie.

Honestly, I don't listen to the radio or watch MTV. Music is an alien concept to me. I felt like dead weight during the entire time, the only reason I was there since Elbert was going to sleep over at my place.

Karaoke was definitely not for me.

At least that and I couldn't really inhale because of the smoke (then again, I've been to Magic: The Gathering tournaments, and those places are definitely worse when it comes to breathing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home