Thursday, August 21, 2003

Philosophy

One day after my horrible Theology midterms, I have my Philo orals. That doesn't really leave me a lot of time to study, especially considering a) I'm not that familiar with the subject matter (since in previous circumstances, the readings were crystal clear... now, it lacks a certain elaboration), b) there aren't any thesis statements, c) I had a total of three hours of study (although in this case, 3 hours was enough), and d) some of my handouts are missing some pages. >.<

Anyway, spent the morning studying and once I was done, I waited outside the Philo department to calm myself down. And then other people also taking the orals came and they started asking each other questions. I guess under normal circumstances, this would also be a great way to review for an exam: by hanging out early so that you can hear the questions of other people and what they have to say.

I also acted as the one calming them down, students who lacked confidence and didn't know what to expect with Mr. Bulaong. I merely told them that as long as they have a semblance of knowing the subject matter, they won't fail. It's hard to fail his course, but it's also difficult to acquire an A.

Apparently, some of Mr. Bulaong's students know me. But the reverse isn't true (maybe it's becauses his class holds some 40+ students so I don't know who they are... either that or they're behind me). So it did surprise me that they knew me (I haven't exactly been the participating student during this sem).
Since there weren't any thesis questions, I just read the readings and all potential monologues became just that: a potential. I'm the type that wants to solve the problem when I face it, not before. Fortunately, when it was time for my orals, I did... okay. I mean my worse case scenario was a D (considering my given reasons from the first paragraph). Well, I think it'll be higher than a C (a C+ at worst), perhaps even a B+ if I'm fortunate.

My, errr, Ex-Crush

During my thesis class where all my blockmates were present, one of them suddenly blurted out this:

blockmate: Charles, kilala ko na kung sino stinostalk mo. (Charles, I know who you are stalking.)

In my defense, I stalk everyone equally (not just my crushes). I think what my blockmate meant to say, they knew who I was interested in.

Me: Sino? (Who?)

blockmate: Si Steph. (Steph.)

Me: She's not my crush anymore. And in the four years of us being blockmates, you only find out about this... now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home