Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Miscellaneous Replies to People I Haven't Met

You know, it's really great I'm communicating with people I haven't met in real life. The next best thing though would be to meet you guys/gals...

Chuck: Oi, what happened to your blog?

Qara: Sorry I haven't been visiting your blog as of late. Aside from being terribly busy, it's not Netscape compatible. >.<

Ace: Glad you're in here for the long run.

Alanine: Nice to know your, uh, presence. =)

And for the rest of my, uh, regular readers, I really appreciate it you visiting the site. For example, it's priceless to see Vin and Dean bicker. Or for Marcel to embarass himself, hehehe.

What is Unicode?

I mean I know what Postcript font is, or what Truetype is for that matter. But Unicode baffles even Mr. Sunico.

Junior Inquirer

Apparently, it's been reduced to a monthly, at least for majority of the public. It's still being released weekly though to selected private and public schools in Metro Manila.

Like most things in publication, the reason behind it all when it comes right down to it is the budget...

The Fantasy/Science-Fiction Genre

I've said it time and time again. It's one of the more difficult genres to find here in the Philippines, unless mass media is propelling it (i.e. it has a movie tie-in, like Lord of the Rings, or there's some hype and sensationalizing going around, like Harry Potter).

That's also what drives me to find new and alternative bookstores.

But alas, those quaint bookstores hidden in Metro Manila don't usually stock SF&F books.

Why I Blog

There was a time when I just wanted to rant or rave about something, whether it's a subject, a show, a book, or a discovery.

But me being the lonely person that I am who has lots of friends but no close friends (much less those who have the same interests as me), well, telling it to someone else was like telling it to a wall. Except the walls don't laugh and scoff at you.

So here I am, ranting, knowing that people who comment at the very least have an idea to share. Or silent readers who ponder on it and hopefully write about it in their own blogs.

It's me shouting "here I am world!"

This, from the Charles that used to be shy, insecure, and lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home