Wednesday, August 27, 2003

It's Pouring

It's the erratic rainy season. As Vern put it, there's always a use for an umbrella here in the Philippines. You could use it to fend off the rain, sunshine, or the occassional thief.

On a side note, my umbrella's gone, mainly because I loaned it to my pretty classmate in Theology.

I've said it before and I'll say it now: my umbrella's there to loan out to people who forget theirs (hence the jacket that's constantly strapped to my waist).

That and it's a great way to meet girls, hehehe.

Smokers

Despite the email threats of enforcing the no-smoking law except on designated areas in Ateneo, well, students are still smoking where they shouldn't.

Which literally pollutes my tambayan that is the library steps.

Black and More Black

Maybe it's because of the yearbook pictorials, but it's really strange to see large groups of people wearing black shirts and even black pants.

Walk Out

Our philo teacher walked out on us because somebody's phone rang and no one would admit to it.

Shades of my high school life... except I didn't have a mobile phone back then.

Still, even when the teacher was gone, no one would admit to whose phone it was.

Well, it's either that or Mr. Bulaong didn't notice that it was his phone.

I've always made it a point that in a classroom setting, not to trust where you seem to hear where the sound's coming from. Because sound bounces and reflects, and you might think it's coming from the front when the origin is actually behind you. Having said that, I honestly have no idea whose phone rang. Some students didn't even hear it since it occurred while people were laughing from a joke (when you're going to write a reaction to a philosopher, publish it when he's dead so he/she can't retort).

On a side note, my grade for the orals was a C+/B. So on one hand, my philo grades are pretty okay. On the other hand, I'm failing my theo.

High Cost of Living

My brother suddenly inquired if I knew that grandfather's heart stopped for ten whole minutes.

It's not as if I didn't expect it. He's been in the ICU for the past few weeks. And like my other grandfather that died, I barely talk to him and when we do, I have to rely on my non-verbal means of understanding him (i.e. telepathy) since he talks in fookien Chinese with the strangest accent (which is the result from his less than perfect mouth).

3 Days and Counting

Before the bookfair. Maybe pretty purple Liana could treat me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home