Sunday, October 13, 2002

I come home only to find that my email bounced again. *.* Fine, my email is down on Saturdays... (again, if there's anything important that you sent me, please resend.)

Anyway, received a criticism: someone is complaining I'm using real people's names. Okay, here's the deal. To those who find me using their real names offensive, just email me privately so I can start using aliases or something next time. And I just like to remind people that I'm not psychic so if there's a problem, inform me rather than waiting for me to do something about it even if I don't know there's a problem in the first place? I'm a blunt and direct person. =P

I arrived at school yesterday at around 11:30 pm. Managed to look at my class standing for history and surprised that I got a B. I don't think that'll remain my final grade though. There's still Tuesday's final exam. Oh yeah, Ambeth's new policy next semester is that all your highest exams will be cancelled... so your lower grade is your FINAL grade.

Dropped by CCHQ since I had a few hours to kill. Aiee was there, bringing along an album of various trading cards: Yami no Matsuei, Chobits, and Fruits Basket. She also got from ebay a Saiyuki plushie set for $5 each... and some of them came along with a towel. Oh yeah, it was also Bart's birthday! Happy birthday Bart!

I went to the administration building afterwards and saw some workers filling up the place with blue balloons since that evening was Ateneo's Blue Roast. It's rare that we win a basketball championship, among other things. Coni wanted to get a balloon and asked them if she could get one since she wouldn't be here for the evening. Anyway, after several minutes of waiting, we all managed to board the jeepney that held all seventeen of us plus the driver. Off to Antipolo!

Since no one brought snacks, there were no munchies during the trip. Ray was reading a book all throughout the trip and Pops probably wanted to study for the Theo finals tomorrow (and I haven't even begun to study yet... thanks for all the encouragement!). I brought a camera and started taking pics. *click*

The retreat place (it's not a retreat) was big and there was a garden that we could wander. The guys shared a dorm which contained around two dozen beds, some double-deckers. We could sleep anywhere and Niko's electric fan didn't want to work, although we managed to sort it out. Of course two out of the five guys in the class were sick. Hopefully, none of us caught it.

The girls place was divided into several cubicles/rooms and a pair shared a room. I don't know what the place looks like since I never went in, although Niko did go in once because Eva was urging him to.

Lots of journal writing, lots of seminars, and lots of food. Yes, I ate. When no one brought snacks, you eat at every opportunity available. We had siopao for merienda, I forgot what we had for dinner, fish and salted eggs for breakfast, chicken ala king for merienda, and pork chop and sinigang for lunch the next day.

During the evening, we did have parlor games. One was "you're invited to a party" and the mechanics of the game was something that you had to deduce. You'd mention something you'd wear or not waer to the party and the rest will tell you if you can go to the party or not. Of course the third game we played was quite interesting. We were divided into two groups and we had to make the longest line using stuff that we on our persons. I ended up removing my jacket, belt, socks, shoes, shirt...

At 10 pm, the guys couldn't sleep. No one brought a board game like Scrabble or Monopoly. I tried telling them some Mindtrap puzzles but my classmates aren't the type to like those games. >.< Actually got a lot of sleep.

The next morning, we secretly filled out Dr. Brion's birthday card since it's his birthday tomorrow. Later, he gave us chocolates (I'm allergic to chocolate) and Cy bought him a chocolate cake. It involved a lot of willpower to decline, even if I'm allergic to them.

After more activities and a couple of picture takings, we headed back for Ateneo. Dropped some people on the way and we managed to get to school at 1:30 pm. Now it's time I take a bath and study for Theology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home