Monday, September 02, 2002

It's been a busy day: great things, bad things, and tragic things.

For one thing, I had to waste several minutes waiting since I was having something photocopied to acetate for our Philo report. One of the girls in front was having something printed hundreds of copies. And then she had to pay the photocopier lady with a P500 bill and she didn't have change. The photocopier lady (since I am bad with names) had to run off, waste a lot of time, only to come back without change.

The only good thing that came out of that was that I got to see Steph and wave at her as she passed by.

*sigh* I want to kill myself.

I finally got to meet the cute students (one from Miriam and one from UP) who hang out at CCHQ. I am bad with names to begin with so I will not mention who they are. One of them though is the one that has the Cho Hakkai plushie on reserve. And she weighs five pounds lighter than me. >.<

Our Philosophy group report was a blast. It caught everyone's attention, especially when we were using strips from Calvin and Hobbes to explain our ideas. Mr. Bulaong even thought that I was good at explaining things. People thanked me after the presentation.

Too bad group reports aren't graded in the final mark.

Strangely, a lot of students were absent for Krip's poetry class. Anyway, during the break, Cathy came along and I said hi to her. I didn't notice that she was crying until she was near. She then sat beside Niko and me. She then wept her heart out.

Cathy had just came from an HPAIR trip and a sickness for the past few weeks. She's also one of the two remaining students in Eco-Honors. Anyway, when she came to consult her statistics teacher, the teacher told Cathy to take a test right after her class. Cathy was mortified as she didnt know anything because of the two aforementioned causes.

The break for poetry ended and Niko was comforting Cathy. I didn't really know what to say and I did feel sort of invisible. Quark happened to drop by and tried to comfort Cathy. Our teacher was calling us to class so I had to leave Cathy with Niko.

I just feel so helpless. There aren't any words that I can say to soothe her. I can justify my leaving to the fact that Cathy came running to Niko and that I'm not exactly good with public relations. But still, I wanted to help. But classes call and Niko is better at calming Cathy than me. *sigh*

I also have an aloofness to my studies so Cathy's scenario is not something I can cure. If I were put in the same situation, I'd move on. But not everyone is as apathetic as me, or as cold-hearted, or as moving-on-type-of-person. *sigh* *sigh* *sigh*

I hope Cathy's okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home