Saturday, August 31, 2002

After an exhausting weekend, I'm treating myself to some of the best stuff on earth (no I'm not talking about Snapple, although I do have one available).

For one thing, I got to borrow from John the first season of Initial D!!! For some strange reason, Ryousuke isn't as bishy as he is in the second season... or at least it seems so to me.

Second, I'm finally getting to read Foundation's Edge. Of course if I could only get the last book, Foundation and Earth, which is out of print...

Oh yeah, also went to the bookfair.

Well, after hours and hours of watching Initial D, I got the strength to rise from bed and go to the bookfair. Entrance fee was P5.00. Not bad. Had to bring an I.D. so that I could save P1.00. Hey, a peso is a peso, right?

Nothing really special there. Typical bookfair layout. Goodwill's at the end and their SF&F section is continually shrinking. The only prize I got there was George R. R. Martin's A Clash of Kings and Arthur C. Clarke's 3001.

Perhaps the booths to see there is Adarna since they're selling Arnold Arre's After Eden for P295 and it comes with a free poster. The Time Warner booth is also worth a visit as comics are on display although not being sold. My sources, hoewever, say that they will be sold at the last two days of the fair and at an exchange rate of $1=P52 so it's cheaper than what the comic shops are selling.

Finally, computer enthusiasts should visit as instructional books (especially the dummies line) are being sold for up to 70% off. Unfortunately, no other sightings of good SF&F books except the Lord of the Rings parody, Bored of the Rings, which once hit the top ten lists of Amazon.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home