Saturday, July 27, 2002

After eating an early lunch (11:30 am), I read some Asimov (Second Foundation) and went to sleep. Of course at quarter to three, I went to Megamall to watch the Anime On Ice cosplay competition.

I really think a lot of people would have watched the cosplayers if it weren't for the fact that there was a singing event at the atrium. As for me, Tanix, Ria, and Chris, we were watching the cosplayers from outside the rink. The cosplayers themselves felt they were fishes since they were encased in glass.

Went to the Podium afterwards. It wasn't a great sight as most of the cosplayers went along. It's as if we're one big tour or it was a class outing. Finding a restaurant to eat was also quite difficult. A lot of improvisations had to be made to fit all 35 of us.

Of coure aside from seating 35 people, billing for that many people will always be a problem. We did get a discount so the usual 10% service charge was zero. After which, people went to Starbucks and faced the same seating dilemma. Unfortunately, it wasn't resolved.

Also did manage to pass by A Different Bookstore's branch in the Podium. It's called Ink and Stone. And they have a lot more books there. Too bad my discount card doesn't apply. Did buy Dragons of A Lost Moon, which is by Weis and Hickman. It's the second of the series and the third is available hardbound at Comic Quest. Oh joy. I've discovered the joy of reading. Unfortunately, I'm broke, especially after buying Erin a manga and the shopping splurge I did yesterday. Which I forgot to mention.

I did go to A Different Bookstore yesterday and bought a couple of books. I also ordered a book by Asimov, Foundation's Edge, as I realized that I was lacking that book from the set. I guess that's what happens when you buy a set of books and read them a year later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home