Tuesday, July 23, 2002

If there's anything to describe my life, it's chaotic yet structured. Yes, it's a paradox, but there a lot of paradoxes in my life as well.

I was sitting in Comicol's booth for more than four hours. Tanya did drop by before I left and Kim was with her as well. She asked if I had children, would I have them study in a school that teaches Chinese. Kim immediately said that, of course, she would. After all, we underwent it and so should they. That kind of reasoning is bully-philosophy. I endured it, and so must you. And so, the victims become bullies themselves and the cycle repeats itself. I mean Kim's a nice person but that kind of thinking poisons the soul.

As for me, I would have my children study Chinese but only for education purpose. If they want to pursue another language, they're entitled to it. But knowing Chinese has its advantages. And besides, it'll help the learning curve when you're studying Japanese. =)

Also, my "curse" or jinx seems to be following me. Several years ago, potential jobs suddenly have something wrong happen to them. For example, my article for Philippine Hobbyist almost got printed but they closed down before that happened. There's also this magazine that was supposed to publish comics but never got around to. The Comic Alley branch I used to work got burned down. The same could be said for Pulp Magazine/MTV Ink/Philippines Yearbook.

Now, my orgs suddenly lost accreditation. In my freshman year, I was part of three accredited orgs: Litsoc, MISA, and CompSAT. Now, only MISA is accredited and the rest are struggling to obtain accreditation. Since Comicol isn't an accredited org to begin with, we had a booth in the Colayco lobby along with all the other non-accredited orgs. Of course, all my previous orgs neatly formed a row.

And again, just when I'm able to connect to my ISP, my brother screams and wants to use the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home