Thursday, January 10, 2002

I have yet to meet a girl who doesn't like Legolas. What is it between elves and women? Every female I know who has watched Lord of the Rings seems to adore the elf. A blockmate even went to Burger King to avail of the figures that comes with the kiddie meal and she mentioned that they were all out of Legolas figures. -.-

I was also reading "Articles of Faith" given to us by our fiction teacher and an entry there caught my attention. It said writers should read like a writer. It struck me because that's how I read. Or at least when it comes to science-fiction/fantasy books.

One thing that differentiates me from Steph is the fact that I read supplements such as info on the author, details on how the writer created the world, etc.... An example is the book Rivan Codex which details where David Eddings derived his setting and info for the Belgariad and Mallorean series. It piqued my interest. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Steph. And I don't blame her, since it's not exactly an enjoyable read. Perhaps what drew me to it is the fact that I'm an aspiring writer and I look at the details on forming this and that. Writing is my calling, in case you haven't noticed. ^^

Interestingly enough, this week will mark the end of two reality game shows I watch: Survivor and Murder in Small Town X. I also have to come up with a short story for my fiction class. I'm one of the few who hasn't submitted one for the semester. How typical of me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home