Tuesday, January 15, 2002

I don't have any deadline as of now so things will be more lenient, at least for this week.

One of the things I pondered upon is if I should write nonfiction. After all, most of my fiction work have been drawn upon actual experience. I just can't help but think that the "real" stories have been much more interesting than my fictional work. That's why I've thought of maybe documenting them so that people can judge for themselves. You can also see how much weirder my life really is. Or how pathetic I actually am. ^^

Lately, I've been enamored by Games Workshop's miniatures. I've actually thought of painting them...except as you'll know by now, I don't have the budget nor the talent to do so. I was also musing lately the thought of being an expert in such hobbies. My first lesson would probably be about priming.

Priming is the coat you apply to the figures before actually painting details on them. The color you choose for priming depends on what suits the figure best. For example, when it comes to Warhammer, many people have found black to be handy. However, don't expect to use black when it comes to Gundam model kits (gunpra in Japanese) unless you're going to use a lot of dark colors. Instead, white would be a better choice.

Spray cans make priming a figure easy. However, this requires experience and precision. The old fashioned way of using a brush and paint works fine. Unlike some people though, don't submerge the figure in a bucket of paint. Unless you're really planning something creative.

Mind you, the previous two paragraphs are just musings rather than actual experience. I wouldn't be surprised if some of what I've written there is faulty advice. Garrick would definitely know more about this. And Benj as well. They actually paint their Gundam model kits. I just watch and display the figs. Of course a lot of my figs got burned during the second Virramall fire...

Anyway, I really want to make a requiem for my Hong Kong Edition 1/100 Deathscythe Hell Custom and 1/60 HG Wing Gundam Zero but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home