Friday, November 11, 2005

[Blog Entry] Workaholic, Writing

Workaholic


Yes, I'm one of those people who comes to work on Saturdays. Because it's required. So I actually work six days a week, plus the occassional overtime that comes with working in a publication (overtime can consist of handling company-run events, interviews, or photo shoots).

Of course I have mixed feelings about working on a Saturday. On one hand, I have free Internet all to myself. Usually there's little to be done, and my main task on Saturdays is to guard the place (yes, I know I'm not much of a security guard thanks to my lanky body) and answer the phone. Occassionally, there's something that needs to be immediately done, and I will get a call from my employers. But aside from that, it's time to reflect, write, and download stuff off the Internet.

While that might seem like a good thing, I still have to be at work at 9 am. That means no Friday overnights, no partying 'til the break of dawn, and well, coming to work on time despite wanting extra hours of sleep.

Writing

I stumbled upon a certain blog who linked to me, and what caught me off-guard was that my site was the first blog he ever read. I feel I have much to live up for.

Of course what's frightening is that people read your old posts. And well, I can honestly say I've grown in the four years that I've been blogging. But you know, reading old entries is like friends and family showing strangers pictures of you from two decades ago, whether it's your now-embarassing hairstyle/outfit, you in diapers, or simply seeing a younger you that's very different from who you are now.

On a side note, I recently saw an ad by Seattle's Best. Originally, I had mixed feelings about the ad, but currently, I'm enjoying its corniness and simplicity:

i Drink
i Win
iPod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home