Wednesday, November 09, 2005

[Blog Entry] May You Live in Interesting Times

May You Live in Interesting Times


There's been (unwanted) excitement lately, and of course, it deals with people. How I wish people can be direct and blunt, but we all tend to mince words and be indirect about it.

The latest controversy is with http://www.pinoycosplay.com and its aforementioned owner. To make a long story short, there's already an existing community with that name (a mailing list), and the "owner", which set up the website just recently, is claiming ignorance and wants to share in the pre-existing org's popularity.

Recently the owner applied for membership in the mailing list and I approved it. The ML, is, after all, open to all, and unless he does something illegal (or warranting of a kick/ban), shouldn't deserve to get kicked out even if a lot of people dislike him. He can plug his website all he wants, but I'm sure people will be monitoring what he posts. Slander, after all, is punishable...

On a side note, I uncovered this only entry of mine relating to the first Pinoy *insert name* franchise, although of course it deals more with Pinoy Otaku than the rest. And of course, it shows my dated writing skills, and I was far from mature during my early anime days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home