Friday, September 30, 2005

[Blog Entry] The End is Near…

The End is Near…

… but that only means that my deadline is looming over the horizon. It’s been an exhausting week, and next week will be no different. I’ve struggled working for a monthly magazine… an annual publication is even more difficult. Especially when it feels like you have a staff of one.

Not that it’s all pain and agony. Earlier today, I got to interview Boy Abunda over the phone. Strangely enough, there was no pressure, just a calmness, lots of insights, and simply enjoying the experiencing. It’s also interesting to see how some events have developed. I mean a Bb. Pilipinas was thrown our way a few weeks earlier. Who would have expected that she be this year’s Miss International? (Of course in my opinion, the photos on the broadsheets don’t do her justice; she’s prettier in real life.)

At the end of the day, a question I ask myself is whether I’ve grown. Just because you’ve suffered doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve learned anything new. I won’t answer that question for now. For some things, you need to wait for the end in order judge it fairly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home