Saturday, May 28, 2005

[Blog Entry] It Has Returned, The Real Bestseller List, Leave it at the Office

It Has Returned

A Different Bookstore Glorietta is back, newly renovated and sporting a better look. Of course since it just re-opened, they’re having a sale until the end of next week (May 5). Books are 15% off, 20% if you’re a member.

The Real Bestseller List

I was telling people awhile back that some of the bestseller lists aren’t real. The New York Times Bestseller List is partly an editorial decision, for example, rather than a list solely based on statistics. I got all of this from a segment in CNBC.

So where’s the real bestseller list? It’s at USA Today’s Bestselling Book database.

Leave it at the Office

I’ve found it healthy to partition my mind. When I’m at home, I try not to think about work as much. To do so would only give me unnecessary worries. And of course, when I’m at work, well, that’s when I try to solve my work-related dilemmas.

Honestly, what I’m working on right now keeps me quite busy and very, very stressed out. It would have been okay if it’s just for a week or two but the project will probably last until the end of August, so every week is pretty much a very stressful week for me. (But of course, my previous call center agent experience put much more strain on me, and I’d choose this kind of work over a call center any day.) So every week pretty much starts like a descent into hell, and the end of the week I finally find some time to relax only to start over on Monday.

I guess I pretty much survive because I usually have things I look forward to during the weekend, whether it’s a book splurge, meeting friends, or gaming with old time buddies.

Of course when it comes to going to work, I try to come in early to attune myself to working conditions. The last thing a person needs is to enter the office fretting about the things that needs to be done. At least if you come in early, you can work at your own pace and start things at a bearable level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home