Monday, April 05, 2004

Animax Convention!

It's really a shame I missed the event since conventions don't occur often (well, twice or thrice in a year) and it's one of the rare times where I meet up with friends and acquaintances, and sometimes, prove myself useful to them (because I'm insecure and have an inferiority complex; I feel I need to continually "prove" myself, the total opposite of my previous post which is part of the paradox that is Charles).

Anyway, congrats to the finalists, whoever they may be (well, I know Robert, Ria, and Paul are part of them) as well as to the winners (Hazel! in the Ragnarok competition and Krizelle [although since I wasn't there, I don't even know her costume]).

Well, I'm exagerrating when I say I didn't go to the con. The wedding reception was at the Mandarin so I managed to sneak out for a few minutes and walk to Glorietta (in my coat and tie at that). Unfortunately, it had ended by then, and I only managed to say hello to a few people (but hey, it's better than nothing).

Weddings

I dislike rituals because there's that chaotic part of me that wants freedom and individuality. Having said that, I really don't want to ever go to a wedding in the near-future (except my own, that is). It's dull. It's formula. And it's time I have to feign interest, when it could have been spent reading a book.

And my relationship with my brother currently is more of the "I leave you alone, you leave me alone" kind of thing. It's an improvement over the "I'm the eldest so you should follow what I say, or else you get pummeled." And no, my parents never listen, so there's no real help from them (to make a long story short, my childhood involves getting bullied not only at school, but by the driver, the yaya, and my brother... so me being assertive right now is making up for 16 years of abuse).

Reunion

Or the closest thing to one. Had a "family" dinner last night, at a Chinese restaurant (ugh!), with a number of aunts and uncles from both sides of the family. My brother's wedding was the springboard for relatives abroad and elsewhere in the country to gather together. We're still not complete but it's probably the closest equivalent. And thankfully, there was a change in menu, so I didn't have to endure the usual nine-course meal in a Chinese restauraunt. At least for the first half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home