Friday, December 19, 2003

2 Days After the Funeral

Chinese ritual dictates that the grave be visited two days after burial.

So I had to wake up at 5:45 am to go all the way to Heritage (which, by the way, isn't apparently located at Makati since the border was changed during president Ramos's time and through more convoluted politics) where I was freezing.

Of course perhaps what the most shocking discovery to me is the fact that my relatives haven't told my grandfather that her wife's already been dead for a week.

Mom's reasoning is that she doesn't want to give grandfather a heart attack (he recently had a stroke and has never left his bed for the past two months). That being the case, does that mean he'll never be told that the woman he's been married to for the past few decades is dead?

Of course one of the crazier ideas by my relatives was to have breakfast at UCC Cafe. At the Fort. Even when there's a UCC here in Greenhills, and all of us live near the area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home