Tuesday, October 07, 2003

The Past Few Days

Despite my approaching finals, I've been procastinating studying. I mean in the span of four days, I've managed to read halfway of The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror, play a couple of Magic: The Gathering Mirrodin expansion sealed deck games with Vin, Dean, and Nikki, learned to play (and master) the Neopet CCG, purchased a couple of books, wrote a review of a play (in Filipino), had a haircut, and managed to obtain an eight-hour nap each day.

Goodbye Book

Dropped by Aeon books twice today, first to see their stock of new books (including H.P. Lovecraft and Philip K. Dick, among others) and emptied my wallet of much needed cash. Dropped by a second time to empty my wallet more and bought an anthology of short stories for Vin. Of course as I was explaining the contents of the book via phone to Vin, the shop owner (I presume) caught notice and we soon started chatting.

Of course when she asked me what I thought of Jeffrey Ford (since I bought their only two copies of The Physiognomy and one of their female customers squealed when she entered the store and found the Ford books gone), I'm not the type to give an all encompassing opinion and did the next best thing: loaned her my copy of The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror which included two of Ford's short stories.

Me being me, I forgot to ask her name. Not that I would remember it, but it's common courtesy.

Shock

Apparently, my shock tactics are working in school. I've gotten the strangest stares and the most exciting reactions.

It even gets better when I start hopping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home