Monday, September 01, 2003

How Time Flies

After school, spent most of my time looking for a copy of Burton Raffel's Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Unfortunately, our bookstores don't seem to have it in stock and the only version they know is Tolkien's adaptation of it (one of the many side-effects of the Lord of the Rings movie).

Oh, and when I say I spent my time looking for a copy, I meant going all the way to Virra Mall and then Mega Mall.

The book isn't for me, by the way...

The Harry Potter Wars

Got some free tickets to the bookfair from my auntie Doreen.

In my endeavor to, uh, search for Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, I got a second chance at peeking at the bookfair.

One think I apparently missed (or maybe they recently implemented it) is the price wars of Harry Potter books (mainly between Fully Booked/Bibliarch and Powerbooks/National Bookstore). It's now P950, whether you pay in cash or via credit card.

Other epiphanies include the number of Atenean graduates who's somehow involved in the event...

... and how the bookfair is better named a "textbook" fair, with Goodwill virtually eliminating most of its selections and most of the other concenssionaires either sell children's books, text books, or local publications (which sometimes involve textbooks).

On a side note, Nick Joaquin's books are going for as low as P25.00 (but that book apparently sold out) and others going for P50 and P100.

Yugi-Oh and other News

Debuting exactly next week on Cartoon Network!

The CCG anime!

On a side note, the 80s anime Saint Seiya is being *ugh* renamed as Knights of the Zodiac for Cartoon Network viewing in the US.

Forgotten Realms Campaigns

Here's news on Forgotten Realms adventures for those interested.

Level Up Press Release

Come and join us as we launch Philippine Ragnarok Online at the Glorietta 4 Activity Center during the World Cyber Games finals. The celebration starts at 11am onwards with great prizes to be won for those who come early enough. Get to buy porings from roving merchant carts (complete with blacksmiths) or get to demo Ragnarok for free. Watch the Ragnarok inspired Cosplay and Dance Number to be capped of with moonstar 88 rocking the night away! This and many more surprises are in store for all our devoted Ragnarok fans, see you all there!

Lost Voice

Suddenly lost my voice after an hour and a half of blathering with Vin, Alex, and Jay about all things geeky (i.e. anime, RPGs, comics, fiction, and the not-so-usual stuff). As to show the duality of my disease which is the ability to build up phlegm in such a short amount of time (did you know that strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges? either way, your body can only absorb an amount of vitamin C that it gets rid of the excess, preferabbly through sweat and peeing), Vin even commented that I seemed well, even though I was spitting (yes, I know after SARS, spitting anywhere just became illegal or such) and coughing left and right on the way to Mega Mall (yes, I did walk all the way from Virra Mall).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home