Thursday, August 28, 2003

10 Hours of Sleep

When you're sick, too much sleep ain't so bad.

Skipping and Hopping

It's something I discovered as of late since I can cover quite a distance without tiring myself and all the while still carry my not-so-heavy bag.

Unfortunately, "gliding" in the streets makes me look stupid and people suddenly start staring at the strange boy that's jumping his way to EDSA...

Bookfair Tips

The event being 27 hours away, here's some times I recommend:

Don't come early on the first day, unless you really want to watch the opening ceremonies, because you'll just be disappointed. The trend is that the concessionaires start showing off their stuff at that day but they only do most of the set up on the day itself. So unless you wanna face empty shelves, come the next day. Or come late. Unless you really want to wait and see the books placed on the shelves for all of one second before you grab them.

It would be helpful to know the events for the week, since there will be book launches, book signings, and other book-related events. I mean Elbert's getting a free dinner because he's attending a certain book awards...

Bring money and bring your student ID (if you're a student... if you work for a school, you can bring your faculty ID as well). The former because there's a small entrance fee and the latter is to get a discount on the former.

I think it's common sense for me to say not to come on the last day, because by then, most of the good bargains are probably gone. But Time Warner only sells their DC comics on the last two days (Saturday and Sunday) so if you're interested in comics, it'd be advisable to come really really early on Saturday morning (before the con even opens). I mean it's helpful if you have a card to Slimmer's World, or happen to have a comic shop in Megamall since you can breeze through the security (it's either that or sneaking in the stalker way). Oh wait, I'm not into comics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home