Saturday, October 19, 2002

Hmmmm, Enetation is still down as time of writing. I hope my comments get back up soon...

And today is supposedly the day I lose access to my email. Will see if Mindgate screws up one more time.

Met up with Arcina today so that I could give her the Devil May Cry artbook and get from her one of Steph's birthday gift, an Arislan manga set (don't ask what the others are). But since I arrive early, I dropped by A Different Bookstore and Powerbooks.

Finally bought House Atreides and Hosue Harkonnen as well as an extra copy of Good Omens, which I loaned to Arcina and hopefully she'll read it before the year ends. Actually ran into one of the LitSoc officers. I forgot her name. I'm bad with names, in case you haven't noticed. Got her to buy Good Omens as well so that she has something to read over the sem break. And she came there looking for a "catharsis" book. Well, Good Omens isn't catharsis but it'll cheer her up. ^^

Found out that The Vampire Chronicles is out on trade paperback, and for around P700. For the first three books in Anne Rice's series, that's not bad. Of course I outgrew Anne Rice a few years ago so I didn't buy it (in addition to being broke) but in case anyone's interested, it's there.

Arcina was at the food stalls behind the G4 ticket counter. Well, the guy she was trading episodes with was there. I sat with them, guy left, had small talk, and waited for Arcina's next trading partner. The guy eventually came and probably mistook me and Arcina for a couple since he did ask whether we were going somewhere else after the trade.

And I find out that Arcina is somewhat grounded in light of the bombings.

Arcina: Of all places, they wouldn't bomb this area.

Charles: Ummm, they did, a few years ago...

And well, Arcina's also commanded to stay away from the MRT. In my opinion, the MRT is probably one of the most difficult places to bomb. It's not like the LRT system where the security just raises a rope to let the people in and then lets it down again (that's how it got bombed a few years ago... I'm sure it's tightened up by now). And since I was too lazy to take the MRT since I had to show my bag and bother with showing them that my bag does not contain explosives but Japanese manga, I hitched a ride with Arcina when she took a cab.

And when I get out of the cab, rain starts to pour. Fortunately, I brought an umbrella. That didn't stop me from getting drenched though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home