Friday, August 23, 2002

I never did find out how to post comments using blogger. Then again, judging from the "hate comments" attributed to me from the other blogs... (I just want to point out to people you can send me hate-email at charles@mindgate.net

Here's another reflection on fantasy (i.e. Arthurian, Arabian Nights, Chinoiserie, Lost Race, Humorous, Sword and Sorcery, Heroic). Before Lord of the Ring was in theaters, Tolkien was underrated in my opinion (at least to the Filipino masses). After the movie, it became overrated. Maybe this is God's way of restoring balance... (I just hope those who've been criticizing me have read the book)

Oh yeah, predating LotR premiere, I was subscribed in an international SF&F mailing list. Basically, these were my observations: there are two camps in fantasy. Either you're pro-Tolkien and anti-Jordan/Brooks/McCaffrey, etc... or you're pro-Jordan/Brooks/McCaffrey, etc... and anti-Tolkien. Yes, that's an exagerration but it's an interesting scenario. You can guess which side I belong to being devil's advocate (my own side... both sides have their pros and cons).

It was also this morning that I noticed one of my (attractive) classmates in Theology 131 has black-brown hair and scattered streaks of silver. It's just interesting and she said it was natural, not dyed. It was also peculiar since her silver streaks wasn't a lock of hair (ala Polgara the Sorceress) but evenly spread out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home