Monday, August 19, 2002

The Cho Hakkai plushie dilemma was solved... when I got to CCHQ this afternoon, someone else already bought it. ^^

Spent the holiday at school where I attended the talk, met with my group, and gave a report to a hundred or so people. Checking attendance with Fr. Dacanay is never simple, especially since it takes ten minutes to identify ALL of his students.

Of course we weren't the only ones in Ateneo today. I did see some of my friends who were rehearsing for their group report tomorrow on history. At least their group is faring better than mine...

As for Garr, I may not study (since I don't take down notes, so I couldn't study now even if I wanted to), but I pay attention and listen in class, which I think is the most important when it comes to learning a lesson. I mean I have classmates who take down all the notes they can yet a few days later, they can't explain their own notes.

"What does it mean when they say that Mark is the official doctrine of the church when it come to divorce?" A classmate asks.

"Mark is the offical doctrine in contrast to Matthew since Mark tends to be blunt and is more faithful to Christ's teaching. He doesn't add anything new whereas Matthew was going with the current belief back then. Mark's teaching was controversial since it went against the existing tradition, and Jesus' no to divorce was to the divorce he recognized: the one in Deuteronomy wherein the husband gives the woman a paper that says they're divorced and that's it." I'd reply.

Oh well, I guess I'll find out how effective my "study habits" are come Wednesday when I'm having my Philosophy orals. Same situation: I come to class with only the readings in hand, no notes, much less a notebook.

And too bad Garrick doesn't understand Warcraft jargon. Yes, I know you hate Real Time Strategy (RTS) games...

P.S. If anyone has played Battle Realms, please tell Charm about it as she needs it for her thesis. Sorry, never played the game. I was busy playing D&D during the time it was popular.
P.P.S. I misinterpreted your "well read" in another way, Garrick. It's in the "their blog is well read". While having exposure to a lot of literature isn't a prerequisite for writing well, it helps, especially in the early years. Of course you could always have a tutor but reading on your own is sometimes cheaper and more fulfilling. I did not say that "well read" = "good writing".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home