Sunday, August 25, 2002

Aug. 25, 2002:

8:00 pm: I should do the Theology paper now...

9:00 pm: I should do the Theology paper now...

10:00 pm: I should do the Theology paper now...

11:00 pm: Checking email...

12:00 pm: Zzzzzz

Aug. 26, 2002:

6:00 am: I should do the Theology paper now...

7:00 am: I'll now write the Theo paper but I'll listen to some anime music first...

7:10 am: Still listening to JPOP...

7:20 am: Write write write!!!

*******

Garr dearie, you misunderstand. I have been reacting to comments about my rants regarding Tolkien, which was actually misinterpreted. They went along the lines that "he's saying that since there's are newer writers, all the books of the older ones should be burned". That's putting words in my mouth. I respect Tolkien, make no mistake about that. I'm just saying that people who have nothing else to say but praises to Tolkien should read other stuff as well and not be limited to him. I liked the LotR movie, perhaps even better than the book (although of course, the books are infinitely richer than the movies).

And yes, I am a very arrogant person. I have said that over and over again in my blog. But that doesn't mean I confess to knowing all there is about SF&F. In fact, I know next to nothing. But that doesn't mean I can't tell good writing from bad, or what I like from what I don't like. =)

Garr dear, I also wasn't promoting the Wheel of Time. In fact, that's the last book I'd recommend to someone starting out in fantasy. I was just saying people should go out and read others (who comprises the "others" isn't up to me). Oh yeah, when can I borrow your Fritz Leiber books? *trademark sakang kick! Garrick*

And yes, I started out as a mythology fan. Greek, Norse, Chinese, Japanese, Indian... you name it. And of course, I will always be interested in things I have yet to obtain, like Russian myths, South American myths, etc...

And I thought I was off the hook with that LotR thread...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home