Tuesday, August 27, 2002

While sitting in history class, I sometimes envy Mia since she's read Ambeth Ocampo's writing. To me, everything's spontaneous and I just laugh at his jokes.

Today, before we made our very gay presentation of Jose Rizal and Blumentritt, Ambeth gave us a quiz wherein we I barely answered anything. How was I supposed to know that Mercado stood for merchants? Or why Rizal stuck with Rizal instead of Mercado. Blame the Xavier high school (or grade school for that matter) for not teaching us that. =) Anyway, he later enumerated Rizal's three influences. One of them is his mom (who is actually illegitimate). Another is GomBurZa. And here's a tale of how they died:

One of the martyr priests suffered a nervous breakdown so that when they finally got him on the stand, he was already dead. Another was old, feeble, and quite philosophical. He didn't mind dying as he reasoned out that he was dying for God's glory. The last, Burgos, was hysterical and kept resisting the execution. He kept on repeating that he was innocent.

Burgos: I'm innocent!!!

Friar: So was Jesus Christ.

Burgos: When you put it that way... *calms down*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home