Monday, July 29, 2002

My life's chaotic. To simply put, I thrive on luck and chances, and I do it unconsciously. It's when I start being conscious of it that things go awry.

I was hoping to see Steph today so that I could sell to her the Assasin's Quest book which she's missing. Of course "hoping" does not necessarily translate to me looking for her. I tried that last week but to no avail. Today, I trusted that if fate wants it, I'll see Steph sometime during the week.

So I go about my business without roaming around the campus without a purpose (i.e. I need to go to the lib for research so I go there, not to roam around for roaming around's sake). Later, I meet up with Cyril, play a game of Warcraft, and go back to campus. And behold, I see Steph, lining up for lunch. I was just going my normal route and without any active plan to spot her.

Regarding the Warcraft game, it was the most satisfying. And when I said I played a game of Warcraft, I did play ONE game. It was a 2 vs 2 vs 2 fest. Me and Cyril versus Yang and Melendres versus Comps and his companion. Comps and his companion are long term veterans and we've fought against them several times. Yang's skill, individually, isn't on me or Cyril's level but he's always a great support player. Melendres, on the other hand, won the Warcraft 3 tournament during the summer and his ranking in Battle.net is on two digits. The fact that we won that game was satisfying in itself. Of course there's also the added bonus that we killed both teams and did not win through the easy way, which consists of killing the team that killed the other team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home