Public Service Announcement
We interrupt your regular blog programming for this special announcement.
Powerbooks? Sale. Until the end of the month.
A Different Bookstore Glorietta? Sale. Until the end of February.
Goodwill Bookstore? Has 2 different sales going on that I really don't know which is which. You might also want to check out their Legarda branch.
And for those joining the Neil Gaiman/Fully Booked contest, here's some updates:
To repeat: THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FEB. 28. PLEASE INFORM FRIENDS OF YOURS WHO YOU KNOW ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING. BETTER YET, INVITE THEM TO GET ON THIS MAILING LIST TOO.
- Submissions may be delivered in brown paper envelopes, but should still be sealed.
- Stories need not be set in the Philippines or involve Filipino characters.
- Students need not submit a resume.
- We would prefer if, for the hard copies, you don't print pages back to back. This goes especially for the comics submissions, as some art bleeds or can be seen through to the other side. But if you've already sent in your submission, it's no biggie.
- Enough people have asked if they can submit a short story that is part of a longer work. This is a tricky one. It really is up to you. We are not disallowing it, but it is a risk you take, as with other things. In the best instance, the work, when read, should not be obviously part of something larger. You don't want the judges feeling like they've wasted their time reading something incomplete, right? So try looking at it through a new reader's eyes.
- You may use the same plot/story for both categories (comics and prose), if you wish (and you feel it's that good). :)