Thursday, October 20, 2005

[Blog Entry] Isn't It Ironic?

Isn't It Ironic?


Admittedly, I write for a hodgepodge of audiences. Sometimes, I just want to segregate my blogs, but the last time I did that, the wrong people were reading the wrong blogs (LJ people for example got to read all the book reviews, and as much as I want to take pride in the fact that the 94 people who "friended" me are into books, they're not. The blogspot people who were interested in books, on the other hand, got to read my daily ramblings. And of course, in my other, more obscure blogspot account, no one reads my essays [I still think few people do].).

Of course currently, it surprises me at what entries people comment on. The ones I expect people will react to don't, while it's the trivial posts that sometimes elicits the most comments.

On my list of ironic things in life, lately, I seem to have developed a reputation outside of my fandom. I attended a press con the other day for work (because we're currently short-handed and I was more or less available) and *gasp* other people actually know me. Strangely enough, it's for my Neil Gaiman transcripts. I guess it sure beats my infamy in the anime community (who hasn't heard of The Stalker?). Or for my book pimping skills. Or for the people I know in the comics industry.

This month, I've been in a reading/writing slump. Books read for the month: zero. A sharp contrast to last month's two-digit number. Not that that's stopped me from buying books...

3 Comments:

Blogger Noelle De Guzman said...

Are you still infamous in the anime community? I'm out of touch. :D

12:26 AM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

You can never have enough books... :-D

P.S. Does this count as a weird comment? ;-)

2:07 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Noelle: of course. ^_^ It's still the same people lurking around in the industry, so the same set of friends and enemies.

Banzai: no, of course not. ^_^

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home